Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The farce of the 2010 World Cup Tickets



Since February the 1st round of tickets available to us local South Africans have been available and to my knowledge will be open until the 31st March which is in a couple of days. Now I really want to attend some of the games here in Cape Town so last month I went online to register and request tickets. The website worked fine, I was required to register which is fine and then....

1) You need to apply for tickets for games you choose (ok)
2) Once applied you go into a lotto for tickets if over subscribed
3) You pay for all your tickets up front and no guarantee if you'll get the tickets
4) This is my biggest one - You have to supply your ID number and home address details which I find totally fine the problem is that if you buy more tickets for the game you have to specify your guests ID number and home details.



This is totally ridiculous, I don't know who wants to come with me next year. By that time I may have a girlfriend I want to take a long or some new friends how am I supposed to know. And from what I can see you can't change this once its in...

So, no I am not buying tickets for the World Cup 2010 until I can buy 4 tickets for a game and enter my ID details and no-one else's and receive the tickets or at least some notification.

So if FIFA wants to complain about the lack of interest here please stop preventing us from enjoying the World Cup 2010 by stopping us with red tape...

No comments:

 
Afrigator