Wednesday, July 23, 2008

First time for everything

Well I've huffed and puffed and I finally started a blog, what I'm going to write about you may ask? Well, it will generally be about online/internet related issues but I will diddle daddle into other areas of interest be it sport or life in Cape Town.

A bit about myself, after been schooled in Port Elizabeth at Grey High School I managed to read myself a Bachelors in Commerce from Rhodes University. This took me 4 years, but they were 4 good years with many a party and good times (the councilor in my 1st year recommended I do it over 4 years due to the fact that I was rowing...)

I then had a quick stint at UCT to complete my post-graduate certificate in education (as I thought I wanted to be a teacher, main reason was to coach rowing and rugby as that was one of my passions) - this year turned out to be a great year (was newly single and Cape Town was a jol!)

SACS tried to lure me into a teaching post after that year and I was very tempted as they offered 1st team rowing coach which would have been great but I needed more experience! So I went to London as lots of saffas do.

From 2005 - 2007 I was in London for almost 3 incredible years, I made a good choice of joining the London Rowing Club and continueing my rowing career. This was pretty hard as it would involve waking up at 5:40am to be on the water by 6am (freakin freazin in winter!) and off by 7am to then make the trek to work. Work was ok, it paid the bills - worked in the Department of Health managing a database/website.

During this time I started my first proper website - www.mykindaprices.com which was great and I loved getting it going - eventually it took up too much of my time and I had to return to SA (Sep 2007). This is something I again have loved been back, though I do miss London now and then and rowing on the Thames. See pic of rowing there!


This picture was taking in 2006 while racing at the Royal Henley Regatta - I'm the one with the head band on.

So now I'm back in Cape Town and will blog now and then about things happening that I feel are important, now if I don't mention something political that is important please don't be concerned - I'll will assume that you know about that already and don't need to know more about it.

No comments:

 
Afrigator