Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Tweetmanager.com - good or bad?

So, over the last couple of days I've been getting quite a few more people following me on twitter. I was wondering how they found me as they had around 20k followers and they themselves were following around the same number.

Now, I've only been on Twitter for a short period of time and still only have a small following and don't follow too many people yet. So how did they find me?

JonIn60Seconds tweeted about it and I replied and then he wrote an article on it.

In his article he managed to find out what was causing this to occur, Tweetmanager.com. Jon was quite upset with this website and looked to get more people to spread the word about it. He even had Bill McIntosh the founder of Tweetmanger.com comment on his story trying to justify it.

I think the arguments they both make have their merits:
  • Jon states that its a spam tool and that its harmful to Twitter
  • Bill states that its not a spam tool but rather a tool to make things work better and that he likes Twitter.

    I haven't logged in or used Tweetmanager yet so I don't want to state too many things, I will how ever sit on the fence and agree with both of the chaps.

    1) Its spammy in a way when you get lots of people following you (normal etiquette for some people would be to follow them back) hence a way to increase your follows based on certain key words
    2) For Tweetmanager for the guys who have lots or follow lots of peeps its hard to keep track and sometimes an automated reply system or search engine to follow people talking about certain events helps.

    Think the one thing that is irritating is automated @ replies to tweets...
  • No comments:

     
    Afrigator