Monday, January 5, 2009

2009 is going to be a good year

Well it has to be after an awesome holiday in the Eastern Cape, wow - what a place!
Weather wasn't the best, think Cape Town here had better weather but I definitely want to start kite surfing now.

On my way back wow I was driving 40km/hour on the national highway due to road works I saw some sneaky traffic officers hiding in bushes and catching guys speeding. The limit was 60km/hour and they must have caught everyone that went by...

I thought to myself that a little website people could use to put up the sneaky officers would be quite useful and also where the regular cameras are...
I get back to Cape Town and see that there is something similar starting up here in SA - www.getroadsmart.net

But this site is more targeted at city centers for now and more for drunk driving checks and speed checks it is also quite costly - R50 a month subscription and R2 per sms... this could quite easily be just done on a website that they check now and again. But we'll see how it takes off.

Will it encourage drunken driving? Will the website be in someway liable? I'd be bleak if a drunken driver crashes into me cause they are taking a detour trying to avoid the road block...

No comments:

 
Afrigator