Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Viruses now on Google Mail


Wow, they certainly are keeping me on the run. I first encountered viruses coming via MSN Chat earlier in the year and because of that I had a lovely little spam bot on my pc sending out thousands of mails all the time (sometimes a gig in a day). Eventually I got rid of that and left MSN mail and chat alone and moved over to Google cause there would never be any chance of viruses there...

Then along comes Facebook and Facebook Chat and Facebook messages and millions of users so the little people who make viruses focus their attention their and presto - viruses on facebook in the forms of messages sent to your entire friends list and posts on your friends walls with links etc... I still use Facebook how ever.

Now to my horror people have cracked GMAIL and are sending spam/viruses to all your contacts - I got a mail from a good mate of mine the other day and this was the subject line
'Dear Sir/Lady: Sorry to disturb you. We are a wholesale company in China. We mainly sell...'

Obviously I knew my mate hadn't moved to China suddenly and started a wholesale company so I ignored it. Sure enough later that day another one came...

Seems that no-one is safe once the hacker community turns their eyes onto you.

No comments:

 
Afrigator