Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Earn whilst using your cellphone...

Sounds nice doesn't it, well this is quite a fitting post after my last one regarding cellphones and advertising. I came across a new website today www.eyeballs.co.za which is a website that downloads a program onto your cellphone and then every time you make or receive a phone call/sms you earn bucks back on their payback scheme. At the moment this is limited to possibly buying back prepaid airtime or MXit moola also this will only be available from the 1st of November.

So while this is limited really to people who are on prepaid it may just be perfect for most of South Africa. I think a good target market for them would be MXit, but come to think about it... if you only earn for sms's or phonecalls MXit might not be the ideal target market.

I have not tested this out yet myself, I may wait for November to give it a bash but its certainly a good step forward for South Africa in terms of spreading some of that advertising cash around to the customers.

Good on ya Eyeballs.

No comments:

 
Afrigator